Writing has greatly evolved along with computers and specialized office suites.
Moreover, there’s the possibility to simply manage documents while using a web browser thanks to Google Docs. What Syncdocs tries to achieve is the possibility to synchronize your Google Docs and Google Drive items from the comfort of your desktop.
Cleverly blends with your operating system:
Throughout the installation process you are required to provide your Google credentials so that the application can set up connections. Most of the times, the application sits quietly in the system tray, and unless you want or need to make any changes you will not even notice its presents, especially that it uses little system resources.
By default, the application automatically creates a virtual drive on your computer where all your Google Drive files are located. Additionally, you can create a new folder at a preferred location to use for quick synchronization.
In addition to simply keeping your documents and files up to date on your virtual storage space, the application also gives you the possibility to manage other text formats, such as DOC, ODT and others, for increased compatibility. Accessing the system tray icon lets you easily run any of the Google Docs files, with your default browser automatically being launched with a blank page of the specific document, saving your work in real-time.
Here are some key features of “Syncdocs”:
Encrypt and easily share files:
What’s more, a clever context menu entry is created so that you can quickly send any desired file or folder to your Google Drive. However, it would have been useful to also be able to launch Google Docs from the context menu and not just from the system tray icon.
Sync and Copy:
– Syncs automatically when changes or new files are made.
– Works with all types of files.
– Google Docs can be mapped as a drive letter
– Your files are always at the latest version – never again forget your work on your laptop or USB stick
– Save a file on your PC and access it from your netbook, iPad or smartphone. All changes are synced back.
– Changes you make when offline are automatically synced when you have Internet access again.
Backup – Online and Offline:
– Your files are securely backed up to Google’s worldwide data centers.
– Revision control means you can go back in time to a previous version of a document.
– Do not worry about forgetting to make a backup, as Syncdocs backs up automatically.
– All your Google documents are also backed up on your local PC for offline access.
Migrate your data online:
– Google Docs is less useful if all your data stays behind on your PC, and you can only
import one file at a time using the web interface. Syncdocs copies all your files and folders to Google in one go.
– Intelligent conversion features make sure your documents stay in the format you want and backups are made if document fidelity might be lost.
– Use Google’s powerful search feature to search your own documents.
– Access the full power of Google Docs by moving all your existing data online.
Migrate your users online:
– Syncdocs allows you to mix your old desktop programs and files with Google Docs, transparently.
– This eases the transition to Google Docs by letting users make the move at their own pace, rather than a jarring switch-over.
– Different members of your team can use the program they prefer, and still get all the advantages of Google’s cloud platform.
Share and Collaborate:
– Easily share files on your PC
– Control access. Share to the world, or to only specific users. Revoke access at any time.
– Stop emailing attachments. Stop worrying about multiple versions. Use powerful document sharing features to share and merge documents.
– Syncdocs enables live collaboration between Google Docs and Microsoft Word users.
– Access the power of Google from your desktop. Edit office documents on Google by simply clicking on a local file.
– View pdf files and office documents or email attachments on Google without worrying about viruses or spyware.
– Edit Microsoft Office format documents right from your local PC without needing Microsoft Office!There is no need to convert, upload and edit – Syncdocs does it all automatically. Best of all your documents are then in the cloud and kept in sync with local copies.