Pitstop Pro is preflight software that automatically detects and fixes errors in PDF files and lets you edit PDF files within Adobe Acrobat. Your pocket knife for PDF preflight & editing! As a publishing professional, you know that PDF files can be troublesome to work with.They are not generated as expected, do not output as expected and more often than not you have to edit the PDF even though Adobe Acrobat does not support it. PitStop Pro now brings you a plug-in for Adobe Acrobat that offers the solution to those problems. From now on editing a PDF will be a piece of cake!
PDF Quality Control (Preflight)
Tired of manually checking every page of a PDF for errors? PitStop Pro automatically detects pretty much every possible error in PDF files.
Not only does PitStop Pro detect errors, it also gives you the possibility to fix them yourself or have it done automatically.
PitStop Pro also lets you manually edit almost everything in a PDF file without leaving Adobe Acrobat.
PitStop Pro comes with an impressive array of PDF editing tools:
– Edit text, images and line-art
– Embed missing fonts, even if you do not have the font
– Fixing last-minute problems is now a mere matter of seconds. Even when the problem is more complicated or production oriented, PitStop Pro still has the right tool for the job.
– Imagine being able to apply a template with correct trim and bleed boxes to a PDF document while at the same time inserting the printer marks you want.
– PitStop Pro was developed specifically for use in a demanding, deadline-driven professional publishing environment. It will not let you down when a deadline looms and you have to fix things quickly and efficiently.
– The built-in industry-standard PDF preflight engine checks all aspects of your PDF files to detect missing or corrupt fonts, incorrect colors, objects without bleed and much more …
– It supports standards such as PDF / X, the Ghent PDF Workgroup specifications and the profiles created by your user association, publisher or printer. You can generate a full preflight report that lists all problems found in your files or you can choose to use the navigator to pinpoint the exact error object. The navigator can often even fix the problems for you.
Global changes to the rescue
When working with long documents or to fix problems across a number of pages in a PDF file, global changes come to the rescue. Each global change can be customized to do exactly what you need and accomplishes changes automatically across a complete PDF file.
– Apply stamps
– Insert cover pages
– Renumber pages
– Convert all colors
PitStop Pro 12 introduces Smart Preflight & Correction – a more accurate and flexible way of preflighting and correcting PDF files to their specific production requirements.
Accurate detailed preflight information
When it’s important to know for sure that a particular PDF file has been preflighted and by whom, the open, standards-based Certified PDF technology embedded in PitStop Pro comes in handy.
It embeds the results of the preflight in the actual PDF file and certifies the file with a standard digital signature. Never doubt the quality of the files you receive or waste time unnecessarily preflighting incoming files again.
In short, whatever problems you may face with troublesome PDF files, PitStop Pro preflight software helps you fix them quickly and efficiently without ever leaving Adobe Acrobat.