AIDA64 is the successor of the highly popular applications EVEREST and Aida32.
AIDA64 Extreme Edition is a professional and reliable application designed to assist in overclocking, hardware error diagnosis, stress testing, and sensor monitoring. It has unique capabilities to evaluate the performance of the processor, system memory, and disk drives.
CPU, memory and disk benchmarks
AIDA64 implements a set of 64-bit benchmarks to measure how fast the computer performs various data processing tasks and mathematical calculations. Memory and cache benchmarks are available to analyze the RAM bandwidth and latency. Processor benchmarks utilize MMX, 3DNow! and SSE instructions, and scale up to 32 processor cores. For legacy processors, all benchmarks are available in 32-bit versions as well. AIDA64 Disk Benchmark determines the data transfer speed of hard drives, solid-state drives, optical drives, and flash memory based devices.
Temperature, voltage and cooling fan monitoring
AIDA64 supports over 150 different sensor devices for measuring temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, and power draw. Measured values can be displayed in System Tray icons, OSD panel, Sidebar Gadget, and Logitech G15 / G19 Gaming Keyboard LCD. The values can also be logged to a file or exported to external applications such as RivaTuner or Samurai. AIDA64 can also alarm the user when it detects overheating, over-voltage, or cooling fan failure.
AIDA64 has the most accurate hardware detection capabilities in its class, to provide detailed information on the computer’s internal environment without having to open it. The hardware detection module is reinforced by an exhaustive hardware database holding over 120,000 entries. Additional modules are available to monitor processor frequencies, check CRT and LCD display status, and stress the system to reveal potential hardware failures and thermal issues.
Software and operating system analysis
AIDA64 provides over 50 pages of information on installed programs, software licenses, security applications, and Windows settings. The list of started processes, services, DLLs, startup programs, and visited web pages is also available.
Here are some key features of “AIDA64 (EVEREST)”:
– Low-level hardware information: 47 pages
– Software and operating system information: 45 pages
– Security related information: 6 pages
– DirectX information including Direct3D acceleration features
– Diagnostics module that simplifies troubleshooting
– Tweaking features
– 13 benchmark modules to measure CPU, FPU and memory performance
– Benchmark reference results to compare measured performance with other systems
– Cache & Memory Benchmark Suite
– Hard disk, optical drive and flash drive benchmarking with RAID array support
– UpTime and DownTime statistics with critical errors counter
– Monitor Diagnostics for CRT and LCD displays
– System Stability Test with thermal monitoring to stress CPU, FPU, memory, caches and disks
– Hardware Monitoring to monitor system temperatures and voltages on the System Tray, OSD, Vista Sidebar or Logitech keyboard LCD
– Temperature, voltage and fan RPM data logging to HTML and CSV log files
– Overheating, voltage drop, overvoltage and cooling fan failure detection
– High Definition Audio and OpenAL sound card details
– AMD Stream, Direct3D Compute Shader, nVIDIA CUDA, OpenCL GPGPU device information
– Smart Battery information
– Web links: IT portals, software and driver download
– Manufacturer links: product information, driver and BIOS download
– Hardware information database for over 121,000 devices
– Overclock information
– Fully localized user interface: 35+ languages
– No installation or setup procedure required